Sunday, October 15, 2006

Go Fauxhawk Yourself


This is my first blog ever! Well that's not true. I started a blog last month on my myspace page (www.myspace.com/s2kmfent), however I only did one entry and thought it was lame and then I stopped.


So I've just moved down to Atlanta, GA to start an intensive two-year design program at a school called the Portfolio Center. I'm in week two and I'm enjoying the ride. The people that I've met at the school are the kind of people I've always wanted to meet and be around. Furthermore, they're the kind of people I've always wanted to become. I guess that's because for the last two years I'd been living a life that I thought I had discerned for myself. I finished college, got an awesome job, started buying things that I wanted and felt pretty satisfied. It's funny the way people define their happiness. For me, that happiness was more about having a lifestyle filled with work and happy hours, and an awesome wardrobe! But that's all pretty much bullshit at the end of the day. I guess it was about 4 months ago that I realized how unhappy I was. The life I had wasn't much of a way to live; it was more of a way to die. That's a pretty morbid statement, but I think there's truth in it. I had become complacent and apathetic, everything felt routine and mechanical. In many ways, I felt many parts of me had already started to die off.

So what did I do about it? I walked right out of that life, started drawing thumbnails until 7:30 in the AM, and grew a faux-hawk. (yes, that's right, a faux hawk!)

1 comment:

D0nnaTr0y said...

LOVE the fauxhawk!

Glad you are enjoying school. Can't wait to see you over... Thanksgiving?