Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Nearing the end of my seven-minute mile

So there's about two weeks left of the quarter and I'm feeling pretty burned out. I'm slowly entering an apathetic state of mind where I watch TV and nap on the couch. It's like when you're running on the treadmill and you've only got 5 minutes left and you're about to complete your third mile and you just keep thinking--well I'm sweaty enough now right? But no, you truly have to push yourself to keep the pace and finish what you started. It's the hardest 5 minutes of the day. I'm about to enter the hardest two weeks EVER.

A lot of my work this quarter has involved an incredible amount of emotionally charged material. I'm very happy with just about every project and look forward to seeing them completed (on time!). But I really hope that releasing this emotional energy will allow my next quarter to be bit more light-hearted and fun.

I think I will indulge in some comfort food: a fat juicy Wendy's #4, no onions, with a coke!

3 comments:

minus five said...

good luck with finding a light-hearted quarter.

Right Salmon said...

Enjoy your # 4 with no onions and coke! You will do great! Good luck, darlin'!

Unknown said...

Did you say #4 with no onions and a coke? My left ear just flopped up.