Monday, May 14, 2007

Happ Birthday To Me...again

This past Thursday I endured another birthday, my twenty-seventh. It was great because I didn't really do anything for it, and that's just the way I like it. It seems that you're either a big birthday person or you're not. I am definitely not a big birthday person. My favorite thing to do on my birthday is to go out and buy a few things for myself (usually cologne) and then go test drive a car that I'd like to own one day. This year it was supposed to be Land Rover's latest and greatest--the LR2. Unfortunately, my school work took precedence over this demi-tradition of mine, so it has been postponed until I have free time again (probably in the second week of June).

I'm pretty much okay with being twenty-seven. There's always someone older than me that says I'm still just a baby, and then there are the kids who are younger than me that are unable to remember a time when they couldn't sum up their day with an away message on AOL's Instant Messenger and can't fully comprehend how old twenty-seven really is. I'm actually looking forward to being in my 30s. I have this bizarre idea of what my 30s will be like.

I've always pictured myself married to a great guy and we co-own our renovated 1940s Mediterranean bungalow complete with Spanish iron work and tile roof.

We have a Weimaraner named buck or rufus or something like that.

We like to take fun little 3-day weekend trips in our Land Rover LR

or BMW convertible,

or fully restored 1987 Toyota Land Cruiser (that has somehow been turned into a hybrid that doesn't really need gas)


..... perhaps I should prepare myself for an odd reality check that or a watered down version of this well planned out fantasy-life.

2 comments:

D0nnaTr0y said...

I say go for the great guy, the spanish tiled house and all three cars!!! As Nadje says, "Excessive? Sure. Why not?!"

Happy 27th, baby bro!

Tania Rochelle said...

Yeah, dream it and create it.