Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Can't F-ing sleep!

About two hours ago I had a violent nightmare. I've been wide awake staring out of my window--fully alert and completely unable to sleep. I can't recall the nightmare, but it scared me awake. So instead of just watching my clock tick until the alarm goes off, I figured I'd make good use of the time and blog.

The quarter started up again. Boy did it ever. Those who know the PC experience know that you don't know your class schedule until the quarter starts. After you get your schedule, then you can start negotiating which classes you want and which ones you don't want. Before you start to negotiate with the powers that be, you have to first negotiate with yourself. I'm sure that's part of the reason why I'm unable to sleep. My schedule this quarter is HEAVY. I know I need to drop a class, but can't figure out which one. Logically, I know I should to attend each class, and then make my decision based on the information that I get. But I'm so paranoid and anxious about this quarter, that I feel like I need to know exactly what's going on from the start.

It's officially been a year now since I've been at PC. I still know I made the right decision to come down here and do this. But starting the second year has intensified things. We're all more serious, we all have a new set of skills to work with. It's like we're coming out of training and stepping up to the plate, ready to give our a A-game. As I picked up my schedule and recounted the highlights of the break, I noticed a subtle sense of confidence that everyone in my quarter has now. It was kind of humorous to hear the students from the quarters below me ask about the classes that I've already been through. It's like I can offer advice now. It's a great feeling, but also a bit odd, as I know I have more to learn and more to perfect.

I thought it may be a good idea to post some of my favorite pieces of work from the past year. But then I realized that I hadn't pulled everything off my external hard drive that I wanted to post. And since it's like 4:00 in the morning, and I'm still actually laying in bed in hopes of maybe napping before my alarm goes off. I'll post what I have:

From second quarter: Parts of my comic book--for Intro to design history:











From 3rd quarter: roost covers--publication design/ roost is a magazine that I came up with to celebrate living in small spaces--spreads to be posted soon!









There are a few things missing that are worth posting.... but for now, this is it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Confident? We're supposed to be confident. Damn! I didn't get the memo.

Kevin M. Scarbrough said...

I was wondering who did the Roost mags. Awesome stuff man.

Anonymous said...

uh huh, you kno dat's right! Love, Xtina