Monday, December 25, 2006

My trip into DC was surprisingly effortless. Airtran may be the big double-wide in the sky, but I've always had really good luck with them! This time I upgraded myself to business class as a little holiday treat. Probably the best thing ever because you get a free drink right when you sit down and a bag of chips!! The seat was wide and comfortable. I didn't have to share the other side with anyone. I will probably try to do this every time I fly. The flight landed right on time. So to ensure a prompt pick up, I quickly called my brother. This is how the conversation went:

Brother: FUCK THIS FUCKING SHIT. DAD IS A FUCKING ASS HOLE AND GAVE ME WRONG DIRECTIONS TO THE AIRPORT. I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE FUCK I AM. I'LL CALL YOU IN 30 FUCKING MINUTES WHEN I'VE FIGURED OUT WHERE THE FUCK I AM. JESUS FUCKING (CLICK).

I didn't really feel the need to contribute to that conversation! And so the holiday at home had officially started. I should mention that my brother is a 2nd Lt. in the Marines. I mistakenly took his hostile words for just that--hostility. But he wasn't being hostile. He was just talking. This is pretty much how Marines talk. They love to say FUCK and they love to belittle just about all living things, and even a few inanimate objects. It's a constant dick-swinging contest. Anyway, my homecoming was pretty anti-climactic, as my parents and my sisters were at a Christmas party and my brother retreated to his little world in the basement. So I sat in silence with the dogs as I transitioned myself into family world.

Family world is much different from my safe little world. I love my little Atlanta world and hate to be away from it from for too long. That's probably a sign of an addictive personality, but nonetheless, I don't like being away from it from too long. On a side note, I am particularly happy to be coming back to Atlanta-world because I have redesigned the work space and redecorated the living space. Lab-rat roommate and I had several in depth discussions about how we wanted to set the apartment up so that we could maximize the efficiency of the workspace. Basically, I moved the work area from the dining room into the living room and moved the couches into the dining room---thus creating a personal little setting to watch TV in. aaah.....

Right now I'm sitting by the fireplace in family world watching Cinderella Man. I couldn't be less interested in this movie and feel a little trapped. Because if I left the room to do something else, I would be betraying my family's commitment to family and the holiday. I really want to take a nap. Perhaps I'll have another mimosa!!!

I have many pics to post, but every time I go to post them, there's always something wrong with them and blogspot doesn't allow them to post. any ideas?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In vids, you mean, Doc?
[b][url="http://hydrocodone.dewall.info "]buy hydrocodone[/url][/b]

mer said...

Kevin- I had such fun with you last night. I hope we can get to know each other better this quarter :) See you in poetry

Right Salmon said...

I keep checking and checking and checking......just hoping you might post again soon!