Monday, August 13, 2007

If You Can't Say Something Nice About Someone...then blog about it


Okay not really...because if you do blog some bad shit about someone, I'm sure it'll come back and bite you in the ass....

But I woke up this morning just itching to blog about New Roommate. For those who don't know, my old roommate and I had to part ways, as his beautiful fiance has relocated herself and her life to Atlanta, and the three of us in one Colonial Homes Apartment (plus two cats) just wasn't going to work. So they now reside in their new apartment at Peachtree Park--complete with large kitchen, two bathrooms, and all new appliances! I have to say that despite the inconvenience of switching roommates and the changes involved in that, it's pretty cool to see how the two of them are starting their life together.

So I am now reinventing the wheel with New Roommate. I've never really had a major problem with roommates. Living up in Washington, DC with a just-out-of-college-salary required me to learn quickly how to get along and live with strangers. My favorite roommate was the guy I lived with in DC. I rented a room in his beautifully renovated townhouse for a whopping $800.00/mo (for a ROOM!) To this day, he is someone that I consider to have had a pretty positive impact on my way of thinking. He was very wealthy for starters. He made a boat load working as some type of computer program consultant, but also had a bit of blue blood in him! But you would never know it if you just saw him on the street. He lived a very "under the radar" type of life. He also helped me get a job interview up in NYC at BBDO! Turns out his ex-bf is an AE on the Mountain Dew account! He showed me the ropes of the gay-dc life. He was pretty much like an older brother to me. He now lives in Hells Kitchen in NYC.

After my stint with DC life, I switched jobs and ended up in the suburbs of DC--or "outside the grid" as some of the more pretentious dc gays refer to it.... It was here that I got a chance to live in a $1 million home. I rented a room for $775 and had my own bathroom. It was pretty nice. All of the other roommates were gay (three total), but we all pretty much kept to ourselves and had very different lives.

Then there was one of my most favorite roommate that I had when I lived in Fairfax, a place that is in the deeper part of the suburbs of DC. She and I met when I worked for the agency that I was let go from. She and I have the exact same sense of humor and got along great--which is interesting because I typically don't get along well with girls when I live with them. It's almost always ended on a bad note.

So now there is New Roommate. What can I say!? Well nothing really, because it could easily come back and bite me in the ass! But if you have further interest in getting a feel of what New Roommate is like check out the Arrested Development, and pay particular attention to Buster!

2 comments:

minus five said...

i always have trouble with roommates. i've had some pretty bad ones, but i'm also kind of an asshole to live with. my current roommate is the best roommate i have ever had. i only see him every 2.5 weeks or so.

herding tapeworms said...

let's hope New Roommate doesn't have any run-ins with a rogue seal.